The joint venture between Arteche and Hitachi Energy starts its course in the market of gas insulated transformers

19 May 2022
• Arteche holds a 51% stake in the new joint venture, while Hitachi Energy owns the remaining 49% • With this joint venture, Arteche and Hitachi Energy accelerate innovation in the market of sustainable, environmentally friendly gas insulated transformers. • The operation, which has been communicated to the competition authorities, has already been approved.

Mungia (Bizkaia), May 19th, 2022.- According to the agreement signed in December 2021, Arteche and Hitachi Energy have announced today, after receiving the required regulatory approvals, the finalization of all processes required for the establishment of Arteche Hitachi Energy Instrument Transformers S.L., the successor of Arteche Gas Insulated Transformers (AGIT). Arteche holds a 51% stake in the new joint venture, while Hitachi Energy owns the remaining 49%.

Arteche Hitachi Energy Instrument Transformers S.L. combines the experience of two companies with a proven record of technological innovation and excellence in the marketing and manufacturing of instrument transformers. 

The joint venture‘s governance will be carried out within the framework of a new independent management board in which both companies will be equally represented. The products resulting from this alliance will be part of the parents companies’ portfolio, while promotion and sales activities will be performed by both parts independently.

Sustainable growth 

«From the environmental point of view, this move is in line with Arteche’s sustainability policies, as the company aims at innovating in the market of sustainable gas insulated transformers of an ecological nature», explained Alexander Artetxe, CEO and Chairman of Arteche. «This operation allows us to improve our commercial position at global level and implies a new step in Arteche’s growth, within the framework of the Strategic Plan by 2023», he added.

With the creation of this joint venture, Arteche and Hitachi Energy will have a broad portfolio of gas insulated instrument transformers in order to face the growing market of GIS solutions. In addition, Arteche Hitachi Energy Instrument Transformers S.L. will also produce instrument transformers for conventional substations. The joint venture will stimulate the development of new eco-efficient technologies which eliminate sulphur hexafluoride (SF6) thanks to solutions generating a lower carbon footprint.

Sobre Grupo Arteche 

Fundado en 1946, el Grupo Arteche enmarca su actividad dentro del sector eléctrico, desde la generación hasta la distribución, especializándose en la industria de equipos, componentes y soluciones eléctricas. Dentro de este marco, el Grupo Arteche está en el TOP 3 de los líderes mundiales en el mercado de transformadores de medida, y es el número 1 en el de relés auxiliares, y mantiene una posición de liderazgo regional en el resto de los productos especialmente dirigidos a mercados de alta exigencia y valor añadido, como la generación renovable y el sector ferroviario.

El negocio del Grupo Arteche está enfocado en permitir el transporte y distribución de la energía eléctrica desde cualquier planta de generación hasta el usuario final con eficiencia, calidad y fiabilidad. Es por ello que la compañía invierte recurrentemente en I+D+i, con la intención de mejorar la calidad y eficiencia de sus productos, innovar en el desarrollo de nuevos productos y ofrecer al cliente un valor añadido diferencial. Actualmente, Arteche está presente en más de 175 países con capacidades de distribución comercial; cuenta con 13 factorías en Europa, América y Asia, incluyendo 6 centros dedicados a la investigación; y cuenta con más de 2.400 empleados en todo el mundo.

The joint venture between Arteche and Hitachi Energy starts its course in the market of gas insulated transformers